Sunday, November 6, 2016

What I learned from the Antigone trial

From being Zeus in the Antigone trial, I have learned that it is really hard to be a judge.  It is hard because you have to choose whether to say objection sustained or objection overruled, but I think I did okay for the most part.  I also learned that according to the audience and jury, you will either get a biased or unbiased ruling in the court.  We had an audience that was most likely going to rule Antigone innocent no matter what because it is just what seemed just.  It didn't matter who's arguments were better (although they were both really good), the probable outcome would still be the same thing-- innocent.  I also learned a lot about how the court worked in ancient Greece.  I liked doing this trial because it put more perspective about both sides in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Good point that being the judge makes one listen super hard to both sides!

    ReplyDelete